I and some other good people are getting ready to throw Durham's biggest homebrewed beer party: BrewDurham 2013! The last BrewDurham featured over 30 brewers, 70+ beers, food trucks, donut bikes, coffee trikes, live music, and the wonderful atmosphere at the new Scrap Exchange location. We'd like to do this again!
It's time again to recruit awesome homebrewers to participate in BrewDurham and would love to have you participate. It’ll be a great chance to show off your beer, meet other brewers and beer fans, and use your talents for good.
Here’s the details:
When: Saturday, May 4th. Two sessions, 1-4pm and 5-8pm
Where: The new Scrap Exchange digs in downtown Durham next to Golden Belt. 923 Franklin Street.
What you have to do: Bring two or three of your best homebrews, totaling 10-15 gallons of beer. Stay for both sessions, pouring your beers to attendees, and generally have fun.
What you get:
- Discounts: Nate with the Bull City Homebrew store is offering a 15% discount on ingredients in-store to anyone who is brewing for BrewDurham to help you with supplies.
- Prizes: for those of you with the best beer and who convince the judges you’re the best brewer.
- Food & Jams: we’ll have some of the Durham's best restaurants and local musicians on hand.
- Glory: You get to talk about your homebrew and drink other peoples’ homebrew for six hours and participate in the inaugural BrewDurham!
- Tickets: Brewers can earn tickets to the event for fellow beer fans based on home much beer they bring.
Brewers will be provided with plenty of ice to keep beer cold, so plan accordingly (I've got a brand new bag when it comes to ice). I'm planning on having two brewers at each table and each of you will have a chair or two to sit at. Any questions? Please email.
Brewers get in free, and in addition, brewers can receive one ticket for each 5 gallon batch of homebrew that they bring to the festival. Brewers who choose reimbursement will be provided with a blank invoice on the day of the festival to be turned in to The Scrap Exchange.